England Clock (current time for us)

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our last week in California

This afternoon I realized the cord I packed to download pictures from my camera is the wrong cord. The correct cord is already on it's way to England, so though I have pictures to illustrate this rambling with, I cannot access them until I get a new cord. Use your imagination until then. :) REVISION: I bought a new SD card reader, pictures below!


We have begun our last week in California with the first major storm of the season. Our power went out yesterday for about 8 hours, fortunately after the movers had gone for the day.




Sleeping in a motor home in the rain and wind is not the idyllic experience it may seem. The rain is really loud and we get rocked with every gust of wind.








We are a little cramped with all our suitcases and carry-ons in here too, so we're looking forward to being able to spread out a little by moving our suitcases and bathroom stuff inside again once the movers have gone. (imagine photos of a messy motor home, and of the kids in bed HERE)

Thank goodness we have the motor home to use though, it'd be a drag to not be on site during the move.

All of our stuff is wrapped up in paper and tagged, as I write this Wednesday afternoon they are finishing loading the third truck, (in the pouring rain).





They couldn't get a semi up here, so they used 3 smaller moving trucks. (imagine photo of large items wrapped in paper in my garage HERE)


These next few days should be fun, now that the moving will be done. We have lots of dinners and parties and last chance activities we're going to try to fit in before we fly out on Wednesday morning.

This Saturday (10/17) we're having a potluck going away party here in our empty house. It starts at 3pm, bring your own chairs and a dish to share. Drop by and say goodbye! Email me if you need directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment